Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sept. 5, 2008. Day hike up side valley.


It's 3 PM and raining again. I slept pretty well last night and due to dehydration did not get up that much. Lots of dreams. Cake and port liquer for W's birthday. The weather was nice this morning and I was able to dry my sleeping bag. I had to repair my sleeping bag (courtesy of W's needle and thread) yesterday, because the zipper came unsewn down at it's base with down fluffing out everywhere. Today we took a day hike from camp at ~ 3800 meters to about ~4100 meters at the high point. Great views; slight headache.


The satellite phone situation seems unstable; the chargers have dodgey connections. I hope this will not be a big problem. When we get across the Kang La we need jeeps to meet us. We hear again about a Swedish lady dying up here 2-3 years ago.


5PM: it is raining biblically. I hope it is not snowing too much higher up.


6:30 PM: it is getting dark in the tent and I think it just started snowing. There are flaky looking things on the tent.

No comments: